Power Rings - The Forum
October 21, 2014, 08:31:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT: Please check your PM inboxes and clean them out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31
  Print  
Author Topic: Leadup to STH#225  (Read 42438 times)
HyruleHero
Freedom Fighter

My book Sacred Swords is published and for sale

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: March 28, 2011, 05:23:35 PM »

This isn't related but I pre order/subbed megaman and I was sent a variant poster... I'll post a pic if someone wants to see

Sacred Swords by LeTavious Hemingway Brown for sale on Amazon.com Xlibris.com and barnesandnoble.com
Sharkman
G.U.N. Soldier

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 28, 2011, 08:10:26 PM »

Big Spoiler for Sonic 223!

So, I guess that kinda starts to explain where she's been.  I wonder if it's because Penders succeeded in getting her copyright?
Paul-Agnew
Forum Moderator
Freedom Fighter

We Will Kill Them All!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: March 28, 2011, 08:24:51 PM »

Hershey?

DEAD?!

Uncool, Ian. Totally way past uncool.

"We're equally pleased to be aligned with such a competent engineering-driven company as Robotnik."
Skia, Follower of Luna
Secret Service

So... CUTE!

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 28, 2011, 11:04:39 PM »

Hate.

Hate.

HAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEE

Also called it.

HATE.

Hey you. Guess what?

/Pimp Slap

LEARN PROPER GRAMMAR ALREADY! TIRED OF SEEING WHAT FIVE SECONDS COULD FIX YOU LAZY ASS!

/end rage
Spike
Freedom Fighter

Avatar RETURNS! WITH A VENGENCE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: March 29, 2011, 02:04:59 AM »

I'll admit I've never really cared for Hershey that much... Or very much of the minor cast at all for that matter...

So another name has been added to Flynn's hit list. Whoop-de-do. Nonetheless, I foresee raging in the immediate future. And I need to find the best place to distance myself from it...

Exia... Will Elimate Targets
Check out my game reviews/articles here!
BlitzThunder
Egg Pawn

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 29, 2011, 12:05:23 PM »

If this is really because of Ken wanting his characters then so be it. Ian is just preparing just in case something stupid happens. Hence why he killed the Echidnas. He's preparing for the inevitable when Mr. Penders wins everything.

Or Geo could be lying. He could be playing a ruse and make everyone think she is dead. In fact Penders should drop the law suit because all his characters are Knuckles lookalikes.

Let's all blame Ian folks.
SonicBlueRanger
Secret Service

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 29, 2011, 02:25:20 PM »

Yes because God knows Hershey was so important.

And before anyone calls me a fanboy for that I've read EndGame and a few other appearances by Hershey and wasn't impressed I feel the same thing for her dieing as I do about St. John turning into a bigger dick than he already was I don't care.

Both of these characters have zero personality and yet people still freak out like Spidy selling his marriage to the Devil when Geoff turns traitor am I the only one who just thought "Well that came out of left field but I didn't really care for Geoffery as it is so whatever".

And now Hershey is dead well now she joins the several named Echidna's Ian's killed wait the only named ones who are dead are that purple chick, Locke and the Brotherhood of uselessness well she's with all the other beloved characters like Tommy Turtle, Sir Connery...um The Bride of Rich Nights and um Original Robotnik Ian's the only one who kills character's so that must have been his handy work.

Crowley
Freedom Fighter

Hoo-rah hoo-rah hoo-rah yeah!

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 29, 2011, 03:11:21 PM »

Skia, Follower of Luna
Secret Service

So... CUTE!

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 29, 2011, 03:53:28 PM »

This is the result of everything Ken's doing.

If you don't like what Ian's doing, then hurt Ken for it.

But you won't because Ken is God and Ian is the Devil and anything Ken does is right. =|

You are going to be seeing a lot more shit like this is Ken gets all those copyrights. Gua-ran-teed.

So if you wanna drop this comic so much because you hate when Ian is doing (because of what Ken is doing) then f***ing drop it. Act like Fences and just give up and move on.

That's what everybody else in this stupid fanbase does eventually.

You know, I am not a Ken fanboy, I am a Pre-Ian Comic fanboy. Most people who like the old comic don't think Ken is the best. Ever since that stupid lawsuit this comics fanbase has started to think that all we care about is Ken vs Ian, or if we hate Ian we worship Ken. When all we care about is really just the overall view of the comic.

Stop throwing Ken's name everywhere, I am freakin sick of it.

Onto topic, while Hershey isn't that much of a character I admit, and I did see this coming, this death confirmation leads to other deaths I guarantee, which is why I am so angry.This becomes more prevent as the reboot approaches, and I will say again it is a Reboot, Ian is going back in time or more likely just altering it with Naugus and Sonic and shaping the comic to the way he wants it without any of the other authors who have contributed to this comic ideas getting in the way.

I will not stop reading the comic I assure you, I will just stop buying it.

Hey you. Guess what?

/Pimp Slap

LEARN PROPER GRAMMAR ALREADY! TIRED OF SEEING WHAT FIVE SECONDS COULD FIX YOU LAZY ASS!

/end rage
Paul-Agnew
Forum Moderator
Freedom Fighter

We Will Kill Them All!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: March 29, 2011, 06:36:35 PM »

Stop throwing Ken's name everywhere, I am freakin sick of it.

Skia has a point. If you wish to continue the 'Ian Vs Ken' (or depending on your point-of-view 'Ken Vs Ian') discussion, head over to the appropriate thread just down there in 'Sonic Monthly'. You can't miss it, hopefully.

This is the result of everything Ken's doing. You are going to be seeing a lot more shit like this is Ken gets all those copyrights. Gua-ran-teed.

There is absolutely no proof Ken had anything to do with this. Only when the legal matter is finally in resolution will any (and I stress IF any) changes with the series will be made. Just because it's suggested Hershey died off-panel does NOT automatically mean Ken played a part.

Yes because God knows Hershey was so important. Both of these characters have zero personality

Every character is important. Only when the writer doesn't feel they can be developed will the fans consider otherwise. It's easy for Ian to suggest her as "arm candy" or void of development, but he is the head (and only) writer for Archie Sonic. It's his job to make characters like Hershey interesting or filled with personality.

If he were still a fan making such notes it would be fine, but as the writer of said characters with plenty of opportunity to make them interesting and get paid at the same time, something just isn't right.

"We're equally pleased to be aligned with such a competent engineering-driven company as Robotnik."
Sir Jon the "Somewhat" Grim
Freedom Fighter

Metal Justice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: March 29, 2011, 07:52:38 PM »

Every character is important. Only when the writer doesn't feel they can be developed will the fans consider otherwise. It's easy for Ian to suggest her as "arm candy" or void of development, but he is the head (and only) writer for Archie Sonic. It's his job to make characters like Hershey interesting or filled with personality.

If he were still a fan making such notes it would be fine, but as the writer of said characters with plenty of opportunity to make them interesting and get paid at the same time, something just isn't right.

I'm afraid I agree with this only to an extent and here's why: There's no point putting head lights on a car that's totaled. What do I mean? I mean, you can't fix everything. If Hershey never had much personality to begin with, then adding enough to make her interesting wouldn't work. You can't go against the flow of a character, they are developed by previous authors, not Ian. Sure Ian has to use her, but if there was no way to make her useful then he's tying up loose ends. 

There's only certain ways to change a character and one of the best ways is to do something major that affects them, and I'm sure none of you want a whole set of comics centered around a character who isn't used much.

Frankly, Ian is doing what he thinks is best and while even I may think some of his ideas are crazy (Killing off a shit ton of echidnas.) some are okay. And it goes both ways Skia, you're sick of hearing Ken's name, I'm sick of Ian's.

"They said I was crazy! They said I was mad, but I KNEW the day of remakening would come!"
Kamal
Power Rings Creator
Freedom Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 29, 2011, 08:56:06 PM »

Okay, I'ma cut this Ken/Ian-hate short. If Ian was feeling Ken's pressure, Geoffrey wouldn't be in the comics anymore either. So everyone please take a deep breath and move on.

When computers takeover the world,
I want her to be in charge!
Mechevil
Freedom Fighter

Burned out toaster-oven

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 29, 2011, 10:45:44 PM »

Ken shem, it's the internets.

Ian killed a cat-girl the issue right after the one with Sonic-based arguing in it.

Nicole is headed for the big kitty-carrier in sky.

Aurora said something to Knux about robots not getting the cold shoulder from her before Sonic went globe hopping right?

Right?

Sonic the Hedgehog
Freedom Fighter

This is gonna be the adventure of a lifetime!

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 30, 2011, 01:35:44 AM »

Fine, I'll just do as I normally when I'm proven to be an absolute retard and just delete my comments, then.

I'm going to at least mail Potto to tell him off. He won't listen, but I'll at least be talking to the right person.

EDIT: Mailed, and spent the e-mail trying to be polite.

EDIT EDIT: ...And the delivery failed. =| This is the alternate mail you gave on your website that said it would be working, Ian. What gives?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 02:04:59 AM by Sonic the Hedgehog » Logged

(guess who very nearly got their name as a street sign in sonic generations\\\' speed highway~)
Sharkman
G.U.N. Soldier

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 30, 2011, 02:16:46 AM »

Thanks Kamal.

Seriously, I don't get my issue 'till it shows up at my shop tomorrow, I just wanted to spark discussion.  Where did the hate-ons come from?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31
  Print  

Jump to: